Fashion is considered more important because it is a way of expressing yourselves. Naturally men do not show their emotions or express themselves as much as women. There is also more emphasis on women’s clothing than men because that is how it has been for a long time. Even when women didn’t wear clothing to express themselves; it was for warmth and protection when they cooked and cleaned. The fashion industry revolves around mostly women for clothing design. I honestly cannot say that I know a specific reason for this. I think it is multiple reasons. Media, nature, life-styles, everything affects why this is the way it is. Christian Louboutin focuses on stylish heels and boots for specifically women. Betsey Johnson is also an only-women’s clothing designer. For only men clothing, there is Men’s Warehouse. Most only-men’s clothes designers are specifically for suits and fancy clothes, while for women there are for a bunch of different clothing choices. I would rather design clothing for women because I feel that there is more opportunities to design more than just one type of clothing. There are accessories, handbags, pants, dresses, shirts, lingerie, and so much more. For men there are mostly pants and shirts. I feel like most men do not worry about clothing as much as women. Clothing represents something different for each gender.


No comments:
Post a Comment